Photo provided courtesy of Morris County Judge's Office
Morris County Courthouse
Morris County Tax Rate for the Tax Year 2016
Total Tax Rate: .452778
Morris County adopted a tax rate that will raise more taxes for maintenance and operations than last year's tax rate.
THIS RATE WILL RAISE MORE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS THAN LAST YEAR'S TAX RATE.
THE TAX RATE WILL EFFECTIVELY BE RAISED BY 9.22 PERCENT AND WILL RAISE TAXES FOR MAINTENANCE AND OPERATIONS ON A $100,000 HOME BY APPROXIMATELY $92.
Sheriff's Holiday Food Drive
Texas Counties Deliver: Effective, Efficient, Local Solutions
If you receive a phone call from someone representing themselves as with the IRS and demanding payment for your back taxes, be wary!
The IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS asking for money, here's what you should do:
- Do not give out any information. Hang up immediately.
- Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their "IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting" web page. You can also call 800-366-4484.
- Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use the "FTC Complain Assistant" on FTC.gov. Please add "IRS Telephone Scam" in the notes.
If you know you owe, or think you may owe tax:
- Call the IRS at 800-829-1040. IRS workers can help you.
Rainfall in the Naples Area:
(Provided by The Monitor)
Your County Government:
The courthouse is open Monday - Friday (excluding holidays)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Most offices are closed for lunch 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.
(See below for offices with different days/hours)
County Judge 903-645-3691
County Sheriff 903-645-2322
County Clerk 903-645-3911
Tax Assessor/Collector (Auto Registration) 903-645-2446
Open: 8 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m.
County Treasurer 903-645-2916
County Auditor 903-645-2717
District Clerk 903-645-2321
County/District Attorney 903-645-2021
Justice of the Peace 903-645-3031
Click for JP hours
Adult Probation 903-645-3166
Juvenile Probation 903-645-5723
Driver's License 903-645-2363
Driver's License office will be open each week on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday.
The office will be closed Monday and Friday.
Call ahead for driving tests.
Hits since 12/2013
Website Digits Counter