Sheriff Jack Martin
502 Union Street
Daingerfield, Texas 75638
Please click here for information.
If you receive a phone call from someone representing themselves as with the IRS and demanding payment for your back taxes, be wary!
The IRS will never:
- Call to demand immediate payment, nor will the agency call about taxes owed without first having mailed you a bill.
- Demand that you pay taxes without giving you the opportunity to question or appeal the amount they say you owe.
- Require you to use a specific payment method for your taxes, such as a prepaid debit card.
- Ask for credit or debit card numbers over the phone.
- Threaten to bring in local police or other law-enforcement groups to have you arrested for not paying.
If you get a phone call from someone claiming to be from the IRS asking for money, here's what you should do:
- Do not give out any information. Hang up immediately.
- Contact TIGTA to report the call. Use their "IRS Impersonation Scam Reporting" web page. You can also call 800-366-4484.
- Report it to the Federal Trade Commission. Use the "FTC Complain Assistant" on FTC.gov. Please add "IRS Telephone Scam" in the notes.
If you know you owe, or think you may owe tax:
- Call the IRS at 800-829-1040. IRS workers can help you.
Northeast Texas Area Crime Stoppers
Visit VINELink.com to check the custody status of your Offender.
Visit MissingKids.com for information on missing Texas children.
Hits since 12/2013
Website Digits Counter